We’re a new type of fintech startup with an emphasis on user engagement and rewarding users for positive financial behaviors. The primary interaction on Long Game today is that users play simple games of chance where the user can win cash (no money is at risk). The user gets a chance to play these game by saving their own money in a Long Game savings account.
We use games to promote real-world financial progression for our users. This is your opportunity to work on something that has never been done before that will help people to feel in control of their financial lives.
What you’ll do:
- Create and evolve game mechanics (including overarching metagame)
- Work with engineering and design teammates to develop games from prototype to release
- Model and tune features and gamer economies to meet company goals
- Perform user research and play testing — discover key user insights and confirm optimal game design
- Own gaming metrics and continuously drive them upward
- Devise new strategies for organic and viral growth via social gaming initiatives
What you’ll need:
- Commitment to our unique set of priorities as a personal finance company
- Strong domain expertise in mobile game mechanics
- Demonstrated commitment to research and play testing
- A metrics-driven approach to iteration and improvement
- Experience with popular social gaming platforms
- A strong technical background allowing for fluid communication with engineering
- Personal alignment with Long Game’s mission
Please email [email protected] with a resume or upload it below, and please include links to games you’ve worked on and a short summary of your work.
Most Americans feel awful about our finances, and we at Long Game are here to change that. We’re a new banking app, and we take advantage of mechanics from fields like mobile gaming and behavioral economics to make it fun and rewarding for members to save money.
Our members create savings accounts and are rewarded with Coins, which can be used to play games on our mobile app — the more you save, the more Coins you earn and the more chances you have to play. Play a fun mobile game, maybe win some cash, and build your savings account at the same time– that’s Long Game.