Long Game is a new type of financial app with an emphasis on user engagement and rewarding users for positive financial behaviors. We give users small financial missions that motivate them to progress on their financial journey in life and in Long Game. When users complete missions they are rewarded with Coins that allow them to play simple games of chance where they can win cash. Think of us as a gaming company but our main KPI is to help people succeed in their real world financial life. Today we do this by offering a savings account, but, in the near future, we will continue to launch more financial products and our game will adjust to include multiple products.
We are looking for a talented game designer to take the Long Game experience to the next level. This is a key hire for our company and you’ll have a huge influence on product, team, and culture.
We use games to promote real-world financial progression for our users. This is your opportunity to work on something that has never been done before that will help people to feel in control of their financial lives.
What you’ll do:
- Understand and improve Long Game game mechanics, levels, reward systems, financial missions, and mini-games, including the cross section between gaming and finance.
- Ensure the game progression is meeting the primary company goal of driving real financial success for each user.
- Scope each feature to account for an individual’s financial data and formulate a plan to adjust missions and rewards accordingly.
- Design separate tracks for separate users based on financial needs.
- Design premium game features to improve user experience and drive revenue.
- Work with the product and business teams to design features to meet business priorities.
- Document and present designs to the product and business teams.
- Refine and make recommendations for Long Game’s social features.
- Design concepts for new mini-games to drive user acquisition, social, and virality.
What you’ll need:
- Commitment to our unique set of priorities as a personal finance company.
- Strong domain expertise in mobile game mechanics.
- Experience in a similar role.
- A metrics-driven approach to iteration and improvement.
- Experience with popular social gaming platforms.
- A strong technical background allowing for fluid communication with engineering.
- Personal alignment with Long Game’s mission.
Please email [email protected] with a resume and please include links to games you’ve worked on and a short summary of your work in the body of your email.